A business acquaintance of mine decided to bring in some of his customers to provide testimonials and learn from their feedback. He was quite surprised at the reasons customers gave for their satisfaction.
Yes the customers were satisfied with the service provided by the business. It met specifications. What surprised him was the comments from the customers about the caring they received and the follow up:
1. How phone calls were returned promptly
2. The way they communicated with customers and asked how things are going.
3. How they give customers suggestions on other areas of their business.
4. How they do what they say they are going to do.
5. How they are polite and courteous to the customers and their families.
6. How they thank customers for referrals (with a reward).
7. How impressed the customer’s referrals are with how they are treated.
8. How they follow up with the client on everything they are asked to do to ensure the customer is happy.
9. How they remember the personal side of the client’s lives, like recent events or the health of their family members.
10. How the customers enjoy working with the firm because they people they talk to are so up beat and positive.
There is more to measuring customer satisfaction than just meeting expectations. The human side touches the emotions and that sometimes has a huge impact on customer satisfaction.
What is your opinion? Do you measure any of the soft skills in your customer satisfaction metrics? Leave a comment below.
P.S. If you want to receive more of this great content, fill out the form beside this post or at the bottom of the screen or on this page and get a free report and new blog posts sent to your email address.