Randy Schum produced an excellent over view video on Social Media statistics. It is oriented towards executives and marketing departments. But there are lessons for Customer Satisfaction, customer service and public relations professionals as well.
Some key messages:
1. Only 14% of people trust advertising. 78% trust recommendations of other consumers.
2. Social Media gives consumers power.
3. 20% of all Twitter posts mention a product or service.
4. 85% of Consumers want to engage with companies using social media.
5. 44% of Twitter users have recommended a product or service.
6. 58% of Twitter users say they have tweeted about a bad experience.
7. 25% of search results for the world’s top 20 Brands are links to user (customer) generated content.
8. 34% trust bloggers’ opinions on products and services.
There are many other interesting statistics in this video. The core message is that companies need to be engaged in Social Media and need to learn how to use it effectively. There’s lots to learn!
Write you thoughts on the video in the comments section below.