Fonolo has an interesting application that allows consumers to navigate a company’s voice response menus on a PC or an iPhone, enter a number for a call back and get called back by the next available agent. This front end can be implemented without changing an organization’s entire system. Customers may like the alternative to waiting on hold, increasing customer satisfaction and agents may be more productive handling problems they are trained for, without having to transfer customers.
The Customer’s Problem
Every day, millions of people make calls to large companies — banks, airlines, mobile carriers, etc — to speak to a customer service representative. For consumers, these calls amount to a dreaded chore and a considerable loss of time. For consumers this means frustrating phone menus, waiting on hold, endless transfers between agents and repeating information already punched in. Consumers hate having to listen to the choices and sometimes don’t remember all of them.
The Business’s Problem
For companies, these calls can translate into billions of dollars of annual operating costs, increased handle times, unresolved calls, increased telco costs, and frustrated unhappy customers.
Improvements in Customer Service
1. Offer the customer the alternative to using the voice response unit.
2. Offer the customer the opportunity to get a call back rather than waiting on hold
3. Offer the consumer the opportunity to see the voice calling menus visually, using a PC or a mobile phone.
4. Enter some data so that the call can be routed to the right resource within the organization to handle the problem.
5. Get to the right person to handle the call without transfers
Improvements in Operational Efficiency
1. Reduce customer use of ‘zero’ to just get to the next agent
2. With customers using fewer ‘zero out’s, fewer general agents will be needed and fewer transfers to the right resource. This should improve the use of resources.
3. Reduce customer anger and dissatisfaction because of hold times or transfers.
4. Can implement easily with minimal process, hardware and software changes to existing call centers.
5. Customer satisfaction surveys can be integrated into the system
Here’s a video that describes the Fonolo offering
Please note: I have no affiliation of any type with Fonolo. I came across their site on the web and am sharing this site as information to my readers. I have no positive or negative experiences with Fonolo.
Have you used Fonolo or another service like it? Share your experiences in the comments section below.
P.S. If you want to receive more of this great content, fill out the form beside this post or at the bottom of the screen or on this page and get a free report and new blog posts sent to your email address.