Here ‘s an interesting interview of Kip Wetzel, Senior Director Social Media Servicing & Strategy, Comcast that talks about how Comcast is evolving its use of Social Media as customers evolve in their use of social media.
Brian Solis, published author of ‘Engage‘ and ‘The End of Business as Usual‘ moderates the interview. Solis is globally recognized as one of the most prominent thought leaders and published authors in new media.
1. Giving the customer an opportunity to engage with a large company like Comcast directly using social media is very empowering for the consumer. They feel heard.
2. Comcast strives not to take customers away from the channel they use to contact them. Comcast recognizes that sometimes you need to do that when only the service department has the right skill and specialization. Comcast’s approach is to try to fix the customer’s problem using social media alone, if possible and uses the customer service channel as the fall back.
3. Comcast watches for tweets that might be an early warning systems of customer problems. Comcast use this data in addition to normal sensory systems and traps in their networks to detect customer outages.
4. Comcast is taking a more reactive approach to customer feedback. They ensure trends are captured and root cause analysis is done.
5. Systematic listening to customer feedback using social media has been found as an improvement over old focus group techniques. It is more dynamic and current.
6. Comcast finds that they can find ways to improve their products and services more quickly using social media feedback. Sometimes the change in services can be done a day after feedback has been received and reviewed by management.
Here’s the full interview.
How are you using social media in your organization to ensure customer satisfaction?
P.S. If you want to receive more of this great content, fill out the form beside this post or at the bottom of the screen or on this page and get a free report and new blog posts sent to your email address.
Note. I am an authorized Amazon Affiliate.