When I first started out in Quality and Customer Satisfaction many years ago, I went to a course run by the Achieve Group. At that time, I was introduced to the ideas in a book called Firing on All Cylinders by Jim Clemmer. The book itself sold over 100,000 copies. It was my first formal grounding in customer satisfaction training.
The author, Jim Clemmer, has recorded excerpts from the book and they are now available, free, in a monthly podcast . Some of the existing podcasts on the site are:
1. Why focus on Customer Service?
2. Using the Customer’s Yardstick
3. The three rings of perceived value (this is a great concept..worth the time to listen to)
4. Learn to Listen to customers
5. Measuring Customer Satisfaction
6. Employee Involvement Teams and the New Organization
7. New Management Roles and Skills
While some of the dates are old in the recordings, the concepts are still valid. They don’t include Social Media or Mobile marketing but the concepts associated with quality and customer satisfaction techniques still ring true today.