Here are two entertaining videos about Social Media and its impact based on the book Socialnomics. There are a few gems about customer satisfaction.
1. 80% of Twitter usage is on mobile devices. People update anywhere, any time. Imagine what that means for bad customer experiences.
2. 34% of Bloggers ( there are 200,000,000 bl0gs) post opinions about products and brands. Do you like what they are saying about your brand? (Do you even know?)
3. 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations, only 14% trust advertisements. (There is a perception that a Business to Business buy is just a consumer with someone else paying the bill.).
4. Social Media isn’t a fad, it is a fundamental shift in the way we communicate.
5. Lenovo had a 20% reduction in Call Center Activity as customers go to a community website.
6. Customer support cost $12.00 via a contact center but only $0.25 via self service.
7. What is the cost of doing ‘nothing’? Do you want to take that risk?
Is your organization engaging with social media for customer satisfaction data? If so, how? Leave me some comments on the blog. What’s your view?
Here are the videos.
Socialnomics is a book by Erik Qualmann.
Here’s a sponsored link to Amazon.com