Clickfox, a leader in a new breed of experience analytics, has published their 2nd Annual Tipping Point Survey describing what irks customers the most and compares it to their findings in 2010. Here are some of the highlights.
The five worst industries:
1. Telecom and wireless companies
2. Cable companies
3. Health Care
What angers customers the most
1. Having to speak to multiple support reps and re-explaining the situation each time.
2. Being kept on hold for long periods of time.
Consumer Reaction to Bad Service
1. Tell friends and family – 52%
2. Ask to speak to a manager – 51%
3. Cease doing business with the organization – 35%
4. Submit negative survey feedback- 27%
5. Post comments on social media and customer review sites – 16%
6. Write a complaint to the company- 13%
One interesting comment in the study is that consumers are getting tired of being surveyed, creating a backlash against surveys. Clickfox quotes a USA today article that says that response rates to consumer surveys have plummeted by as much as 20%
This set of statistics is very telling. Customers who receive bad service are now more likely to spread the word than to ask to speak to a manager. And even fewer would respond to a survey or write a complaint to the company.
While only a few (16%) would post their dissatisfaction on social media, those few can go viral. Their complaints are searchable and they stay on the web forever.
The conclusion of the Clickfox study points to how consumers have taken over. They have ‘endless ways’ to interact with companies and peers.
“Organizations relying only on traditional methods of measuring customer experience like satisfaction surveys, call center metrics and performance management will be left behind“
To read the full Clickfox survey, sign up here
P.S. If you want to receive more of this great content, fill out the form beside this post or at the bottom of the screen or on this page and get a free report and new blog posts sent to your email address.